Coast Guard Sector Mobile received a report Tuesday at 7:35 p.m. from Gulf County Sheriff’s Office of a jet skier who went into the water and did not resurface after a collision between a jet ski and a boat in Port St. Joe, FL.
- 19-year-old Henrey Alexander Wise VI from Fairhope, AL is missing. (white male, approx. 170 lbs. wearing blue swim trunks)
- 19-year-old Gavin Primm from Daphne, AL was thrown from the jet ski and injured in the accident. He was taken to Bay Medical Sacred Heart Hospital. He is currently in stable condition.
It is still currently under investigation as to how the accident happened.
Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission is the lead investigator in this case and Rebekah Nelson with FWC says their main focus right now is to locate Wise and once they do that, then they will continue to investigate how the accident took place.
Several agencies are involved with the search
- Response Boat Crew from Coast Guard Station Panama City
- 3 marine units from FWC
- Helicopter crew from FWC
- Helicopter crew from Bay County Sheriff’s Office
- Gulf County Sheriff’s Office also assisting