MENU

MFR: Candle knocked over by a child caused overnight house fire

osage street shooting 6.29.JPG
MFR: Candle knocked over by a child may have caused overnight house fire

Mobile Fire-Rescue has ruled an overnight house fire at 2315 Osage Road was caused by a candle that was accidentally knocked over by a child.

Officials were called to the house at around 12:15 Thursday morning. The owner was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation.

Three adults and two children, ages four and 16 months, lived at the home.

Fire officials say they returned to the home at about 3:20 a.m. for a possible rekindle.

About $75,000 worth of damage was done to the home.